The Firm advises and represents airlines, other aircraft operators, and aviation support companies in matters involving the regulation of aviation safety and security.
The Federal Aviation Administration, Transportation Security Administration, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection are the primary agencies involved.
Federal Aviation Administration
- Air carrier operating regulations
- Exceptions to the private aircraft prohibition on “compensation or hire” (such as joint ownership, timesharing, interchange, and demonstration flights)
- Employment-related rules such as alcohol/drug testing and the Pilot Records Improvement Act
- Airport compliance: rates and charges, revenue use, land use, grant assurances, and privatization
- Aftermarket manufacturing, especially Parts Manufacturer Authorizations (PMA) and Technical Standard Orders (TSO)
- Aircraft maintenance, overhaul, and repair
- Fractional ownership issues
Transportation Security Administration
- Compliance with TSA-required security plans
- Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) and related policies
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Civil penalty/liquidated damages matters involving documentation or illegal drugs
- Facilitation and inspection issues, including U.S. visa requirements, plant and animal inspection, and animal welfare (also involving other agencies)